Volunteer Co-ordinator/Administrative Assistant
The Sunshine Coast Festival of the Written Arts is seeking a Volunteer Co-ordinator/Administrative Assistant. This is a temporary position: Tuesday, May 21 to Friday, August 23. The position is 5 days/35 hours per week with overtime hours during the period August 12 to 18. Hourly rate: $14.50 per hour.
This position is subject to funding from the Canada Summer Jobs Program. Applicants must be between the ages of 15 to 30. New this year: applicants are no longer required to be full-time students returning to full-time studies.
The successful applicant will report to and work closely with the Festival Producer on a wide range of duties relating to the planning and production of an annual literary festival. Principle responsibilities include:
– in-person and telephone reception
– answering queries from the public
– liaising with and scheduling 150 volunteers
– processing ticket orders
– providing administrative support to the Producer
The successful candidate will:
– enjoy working with the public and share our commitment to providing excellent customer service
– be accurate, organized and efficient
– be able to work independently and as part of a team
– have an appreciation for Canadian books and writing
This position involves a wide range of administrative and clerical tasks; patience and attention to detail are very important. This is an entry level position. It offers exposure to and participation in many aspects of event management and festival production. We are committed to offering opportunities for learning and mentorship.
If you have questions about this position or the Festival, you are welcome to call the office at 604-885-9631. We will acknowledge receipt of all applications. Please send your resume with a cover letter by April 12, 2019 to:
Sunshine Coast Festival of the Written Arts