VOLUNTEER CO-ORDINATOR/ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
SUMMER INTERN POSITION
The Sunshine Coast Festival of the Written Arts is seeking a Volunteer Co-ordinator/Administrative Assistant. This is a temporary position: Tuesday, May 19 to Friday, August 21. The position is 5 days/35 hours per week with overtime hours during the period August 10 to 16.
This position is subject to funding from the Canada Summer Jobs Program. Applicants must be between the ages of 15 to 30. Applicants are not required to be full-time students.
The successful applicant will report to and work closely with the Festival Producer on a wide range of duties relating to the planning and production of an annual literary festival. Principal responsibilities include:
- in-person and telephone reception
- answering queries from the public
- liaising with and scheduling 150 volunteers
- processing ticket orders
- providing administrative support to the Producer
The successful candidate will:
- be comfortable with and enjoy working with the public
- be accurate, organized and efficient
- be able to work independently and as part of a team
- have an appreciation for Canadian books and writing
This position involves a wide range of administrative and clerical tasks; patience and attention to detail are really important. This is an entry level position. It offers exposure to and participation in many aspects of event management and festival production. We are committed to offering opportunities to learn and to be mentored.
Please call Jane Davidson at the Festival office at 604-885-9631 if you have any questions. All applications will be acknowledged. Please send your resume with a cover letter by April 7, 2019 to:
Artistic and Executive Director
Sunshine Coast Festival of the Written Arts